Tom Catalano Ph.D.
1. T. Catalano, S. Dugar New Color Test to Distinguish Methadrine from Benzedrine: Journal of Police Science and Admin. Vol. 2, No. 1, Mar. 1974
2. S. Dugar, T. Catalano, R. Cerrato Discoloration Effects of Diluents in Contraband Cocaine: Journal of Forensic Sciences Vol. 19, No. Oct. 1974
3. T. Catalano, S. Dugar Useful Thin Layer Chromatography Solvent Systems for Cocaine and Amphetamine Identification: Microgram, Oct. 1974
4. T. Catalano Spot Tests Used for Systematic Identification of Drugs of Abuse: Journal of Pharmaceutical Science, Vol. 65, No. 5, May 1976, page 774
5. T. Catalano, S. Dugar Spectrophotometric Determination of Methamphetamine in Contraband Seizures: Journal of Police Science and Admin. Vol. 4, No. 3, page 298
6. T. Catalano Book Review Testing and Screening for Drugs of Abuse by G.G. DeAngelis, Marcel Dekker Inc., Journal of Pharm. Sci. Feb. 1978, page 294
7. T. Catalano Use of Lithium Metaborate Fusion in Forensic Glass Analysis: Crime Digest, Feb. 1981
8. T. Catalano Town of East Hampton, Watershed District Study: East Hampton, Long Island, New York, Sept. 1982
9. T. Catalano, V. Lynch, J. Bedenset, M. Barletta Use of Cerebellar cGMP in the Measurement and Characterization of the Diazepam/Ethanol Interaction: Journal of Analytical Toxicology, Vol. 6, No. 5, Sept. 1982
10. T. Kararli, T. Catalano Degradation Kinetics of SC-36602: Pharmaceutical Research Vol. 4, No. 2, Apr. 1987, page 65
11. T. Kararli, T. Catalano Stabilization of Misoprostol with HPMC Against Degradation by Water: Pharmaceutical Research, Vol. 7, No. 11, Nov. 1990
12. T. Kararli, T. Catalano, et al Mechanism of Misoprostol Stabilization in Hydroxypropyl Methylceilulose Water Relationships in Foods? Advances in the 1980?s and Trends in the 1990s: 195th ACS National Meeting Book of Symposium Proceedings
13. T. Kararli, T.Catalano Examination of Arrhenius Kinetics for an anitarrhythmic compound: Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 8, No. 1, Jan 1991
14. R. Faulstich, T.Catalano, Interactive Computer Optimization of High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Separations in Pharmaceutical Analysis: LC/GC Magazine, Vol. 9, No. 11, Nov. 1991, page 776
15. B. Kersten, Yuri Rozenman, T. Catalano Ion Pairing High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for the Determination of 5-Aminosalicylic Acid and Related Impurities in Bulk Chemical, Journal of Chromatography, Vol. 588, Dec. 1991, page 187
16. B. Kersten, T.Catalano, Yuri Rozenman TLC Analysis of 5-Aminosalicylic Acid in Bulk Chemical, Journal of Planar Chromatography-Modern TLC, Vol. 4, Nov/Dec 1991
17. R. Faulstich, T. Catalano Systematic Approach to the Development of HPLC Methods for New Chemical Entities in Early Development: LC/GC Magazine, Vol. 12, No. 4, Apr. 1994
18. D.J. Skanchy, C. Demarest, T. Catalano, J. Stobaugh Analysis of a Dipeptide Utilizing SBE for a Chiral Analysis, Electrophoresis, 1998
19. P. Angus, C. Demarest, T. Catalano, J. Stobaugh Evaluation of 1.5 micron Reversed Phase Nonporous Silica in Packed Capillary Electrochromatography and Application in Pharmaceutical Analysis, Electrophoresis, 20, 2349, 1999.
20. P. Angus, C. Demarest, T. Catalano, J. Stobaugh Aspects of Column Fabrication for Packed Capillary Electrochromatography, Journal of Chromatography A, 887, 347, 2000
21. T. Catalano, G. Madsen, C Demarest HPLC Method Development, American Pharmaceutical Review, Volume 3, 62, 2000.
22. D. Roston, D. Williams, T. Catalano Comparison of drug substance impurity profiles generated with extended column length for packed column SFC: J. Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 26(2001) 339-355
23. M. Asharf-Khorassani, L.T. Taylor, D. Williams, D.Roston, T. Catalano Demonstrative validation study employing a packed column pressurized fluid chromatography method that provides assay, achiral impurities, chiral impurity and IR identity testing for drug substance, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 26(2001) 725 -738
24. K.K. Ngim,Z.Gu,T.Catalano Characterization and Resolution of Reversed Phase HPLC Chromatography Failure Attributed to Sulfobutylether-<beta>-cyclodextrin In a Pharmaceutical Sample Preparation, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 49 (2009), pp. 660-669
25. Book, T. Catalano, Essential Elements for a GMP Analytical Chemistry Department, Springer Medical and Business publishing, June 2013
26. Book, T. Catalano, Good Laboratory Practices for Forensic Chemistry, Springer Medical and Business publishing, September 2014
27. Z. GU, T. Catalano, et.al, Post Constitution Stability of televancin with commonly used reconstitution diluents and Intravenous infusion solutions, Current Therapeutic Research, 77 (2015) pgs. 105-110
1. Inhalation Induced Ethanol Dependence in Rat, A New Method, 2nd Annual West Virginia University Symposium for Undergraduates, October 1980
2. Use of HPLC in the Stability Testing of Corticosteroids, Labcon Central 84, Rosemont IL, Sept. 1984
3. Analytical Support for the Stability evaluation of research Alert Compounds, Monsanto intercompany Analytical Symposium – Skokie, IL. October 1989
4. Application of CE to Pharmaceutical Compounds, Monsanto intercompany Analytical Symposium – Skokie, IL. October 1989
5. Pharmaceutical HPLC Solvent Optimization Utilizing Hewlett- Packard ‘s ICOS Software, Monsanto intercompany Analytical Symposium – TCMTECH, St Louis, MO. April, 1991
6. Analytical Method development for the Drug Master file Submission of 5-Aminosalicylic Acid Bulk Chemical, Monsanto intercompany Analytical Symposium – TCMTECH, St Louis, MO. April, 1991
7. Systematic approach to the Development of HPLC Methods for New Chemical Entities in Early Development, Pharm Analysis Conference, Atlantic City, N.J. June 1994
8. Keynote Speaker, Systematic Approach to HPLC Method Development, Perkin Elmer Seminar Rosemont IL. April, 1995
9. Chemometric techniques in Analytical Chemistry, Searle Worldwide Analytical Workshop, Sept. 1995
10. Problems Associated with Developing and Validating Analytical Methods for the Analysis of Proteins at Low Concentrations, Bio-East, 1995.
11. Applications of Capillary Electrophoresis Methods for the Analysis of Achiral, Chiral, and Compounds Which Exhibit Limited Water Solubility, 17th International Symposium on 12. Capillary Chromatography and Electrophoresis, Wintergreen, VA, 1995.
12. How Difficult Can It Be For The Analysis of Proteins at Low Concentrations, Chicago College of Pharmacy, Chicago, Ill 1995.
13. Overcoming Common Problems in CZE Method Development, PittCon, 1996. Developing Micellular Electrokinetic Capillary Chromatography Methods for the Analysis of Pharmaceutical Compounds, PittCon 1996.
14. Analysis of Pharmaceutical Compounds Utilizing the Technique of Electrochromatography HPLC-1996.
15. Development of Capillary Electrochromatographic Methods for the Analysis of Pharmaceutical Compounds Conference on Emerging Applications for Manufacturing Biologics and Chemical Entities, Washington, D.C. 1997.
16. Practical Considerations for the Development of Capillary Electrochromatography Methods for the Analysis of Pharmaceutical Compounds, California Separation, Science Society, San Francisco, CA, 1997.
17. Capillary Electrochromatography; Evaluation of Some Column Fabrication Techniques and Application of Pharmaceutical Analyses Wintergreen Meeting, Wintergreen, VA, 1997.
18. Separation Parameters for the Development of Capillary Electrochromatographic Methods, 8th International Symposium on Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, Orlando, FL, 1997.
19. Development and Validation of Capillary Electrophoresis Methods and Capillary Electrochromatographic Methods for the Analysis of Pharmaceutical Compounds HPCE Meeting, Anaheim CA, 1997.
20. Development and Validation of Capillary Electrochromatography Methods for Pharmaceutical Analyses, Eastern Analytical Symposium, 1997.
21. Systematic HPLC Method Development Course: Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis Meeting, Orlando Fla. May 1997
22. Practical Consideration for the Development and Validation of Capillary Electrophoresis Methods for the Analysis of Pharmaceutical Compounds 2nd International Conference on CEC, San Francisco, CA, 1998.
23. Systematic Approach to the development of Stability Indicating HPLC Methods and Stability testing in Early Development, Stability Testing/Analytical Procedure Validation, Princeton N.J. 1998
24. Liquid Chromatography vs Micellar Elekectrokinetic Capillary Chromatography vs Capillary Electrochromatography in the Separation of Pharmaceuticals 10th International Symposium on Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 1999.
25. Analysis of Pharmaceutical Compounds Utilizing the Technique of Capillary Electrogromatography, AAPS Regional Meeting, Chicago, IL, 1999.
26. Chairperson for the INTERNATIONAL STABILITY PROGRAMS meeting, Philadelphia, PA, May 1999.
27. Systematic HPLC Method Development Course: Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis Meeting, Washington D.C. May 1999
28. Chairperson for the DRUG SUBSTANCE & PHARMACEUTICAL DOSAGE FORM DEVELOPMENT and VALIDATIONS for GLOBAL REGISTRATION meeting, Philadelphia PA. June 2000.
29. Development and Validation of CE and HPLC Screening Methods for Early Stage Drug Development Projects, MCF, 2002.
30. Overview of Pharmaceutical Development for the Pharmacist. Chicago State University, College of Pharmacy, Oct, 2012
31. Emerging Technologies in Pharmaceutical Development , Chicago State University, College of Pharmacy, Nov, 2013